Global Dry Eye Treatment Devices Market Size, Share & Trend Analysis Report 2021-2028 – ResearchAndMarkets.com | Business and finance
DUBLIN – (BUSINESS WIRE) – Sep 17, 2021–
The global dry eye treatment devices market size is expected to reach USD 414.2 million by 2028. It is expected to register a CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period.
Rising demand for targeted, non-invasive, faster, and patient-compliant treatment methods to relieve dry eye symptoms are the factors that are expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
Growing incidence of causal risk factors such as overuse of contact lenses, prolonged exposure to digital screens, diabetes, glaucoma, and Sjogren’s syndrome around the world is expected to propel the market growth. For example, it is estimated that Americans spend an average of more than 10 hours per day in front of visual display terminals.
The increasing number of clinical and research activities conducted to evaluate the safety and efficacy of advanced dry eye treatment devices such as IPL and BBL will drive the market growth.
The application of these advanced technologies in eye care is at an early stage in many countries, therefore, clinical evidence is essential to increase provider confidence in their acceptance. In addition, clinical studies of these technologies show promising results compared to conventional treatment methods in the treatment of dry eye.
The availability of alternative treatment, the high cost of IPL / BBL treatment, the many contraindications associated with IPL and the lack of an effective health insurance policy in several countries are the contributing factors. market growth for dry eye treatment devices. For example, treatment of dry eye syndrome using Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is not covered by the NHS, a major health service provider in the UK.
Highlights of Dry Eye Treatment Devices Market Report
- MGX technology held the largest market share in 2020 due to factors such as frequent product launches, profitability and improved accessibility.
- Both IPL and Combined (IPL + MGX) technologies are expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period due to factors such as the development of economical and compact IPL devices offering versatility in treating skin tone. of all types. price in clinics and ophthalmological centers
- North America held the largest market share in the market and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period, owing to the increasing prevalence of dry eye disease, increasing R&D spending and numerous ophthalmology conferences and trade shows held in the United States and Canada.
- Some of the biggest companies are Lumenis; Vision EES; Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc .; MiBo Medical Group; Alcon; and eye sciences
- Increase in the number of contact lens wearers
- Growing use of visual display terminals
- Growing Demand for Dry Eye Treatment Technology in Eye Centers
Analysis of market constraints
- Presence of several contraindications to intense pulsed light
- Availability of alternative treatment options
- Eye sciences
- EES vision
- Johnson & Johnson Vision Care
- Alcon, Inc.
- MiBo Medical Group
Laura Wood, Senior Press Director
For EST office hours, call 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH OPTICS
SOURCE: Research and markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 09/17/2021 09:06 AM / DISC: 09/17/2021 09:06 AM
Copyright Business Wire 2021.