Altus Strategies Announces High-Grade Drilling Results at Diba NW
Altus Strategies Plc announced the intersection of high grade gold from reverse circulation (RC) drilling on the Diba NW prospect, part of the company’s 105 sq km combined Diba & Lakanfla gold project, in western Mali. The project hosts numerous gold prospects, including a shallow-dipping, near-surface gold deposit (the Diba deposit) and the Diba NW prospect located on the Diba permit, as well as the Lakanfla Central and Lakanfla West prospects, located on the Lakanfla permit, about 5 km east of the Diba permit.
- High gold (Au) grades from RC drilling on the Diba NW prospect in western Mali, including:
- 8.74 g/t Au over 7 m from 119 m (no real thickness).
- 4.76 g/t Au over 12 m from 102 m (no real thickness).
- 1.16 g/t Au over 29 m from 126 m (no real thickness).
- Program of approximately 10,000 m of RC and diamond (DD) drilling in progress for:
- Test the strike and down-dip potential of the Diba NW prospect.
- Testing the extent of the high-grade zone in the Diba deposit.
- Test the prospect potential of Lakanfla Central.
- Expand the current mineral resource estimate (MRE) of the Diba deposit.
- Potentially generate a first MRE on the Diba NW prospect.
- Potentially generate a first MRE on the Lakanfla Central prospect.
- MRE Project and Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) to be updated with results.
- Diba is strategically located in a world famous gold belt which is home to many open pit mines.
Steven Poulton, Managing Director of Altus, said: “We are delighted to report these high quality results from the Diba NW prospect. The intersections of 4.76 g/t Au over 12 m from 102 m and 8.74 g/t Au over 7 m from 119 m (no real thicknesses) are excellent. Diba NW is located 0.5 km northwest of the Diba deposit and is modeled as a consistent series of shallow-dipping, near-surface lenses of gold mineralization along a discontinuous strike length of approximately 1.5 km. These new high-grade intersections indicate the presence of potentially enriched zones, or subvertical mineralized structures, at Diba NW that will be subject to further exploration.
“The current drill program includes up to 10,000m of DD and RC and is designed to test potential extensions down dip and along strike of the Diba deposit and Diba NW prospect. Drilling is also planned on the Lakanfla Central prospect on the company’s 100% owned Lakanfla permit, located approximately 5 km east of the Diba permit. Once completed, the drill results will feed an updated MRE for the Diba deposit and a potential first MRE for the Diba NW and Lakanfla Central prospects. This work will be followed by an updated preliminary economic assessment of the project. We look forward to updating shareholders as further results are received. »
Diba permit: drilling program
The drilling program is being undertaken by Capital Drilling Limited and includes up to 10,000m of DD and RC through the Diba deposit, the Diba NW prospect and the Lakanfla Central prospect. To date, approximately 5400m of RC and 1360m of DD have been completed.
The DD program primarily tests the extent of the zone of high-grade mineralization in the current Diba deposit, as well as the down-dip extension of the mineralized lenses. In addition, the DD program produces oriented cores to allow a better structural understanding of the Diba deposit and samples for density measurements, to better understand the variations between the oxide, transition and rock domains. fresh.
The RC program primarily targets the lateral and down dip extensions of the known lenses of mineralization at the Diba deposit and the Diba NW prospect. Additionally, RC drilling will test the potential of the Lakanfla Central prospect.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/28012022/altus-strategies-announces-high-grade-drilling-results-at-diba-nw/