Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Vision Improves With MD Stem Cell Treatment
SCOTS2 Eye Treatment
MD Stem Cells treats dry AMD – shows vision recovery and improvement is now possible
— Dr. Levy
USA, Sept. 23, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — Age-related macular degeneration (AMD), a disease of the retina, can lead to permanent vision loss and blindness. An incredible 11 million people currently have AMD in the United States and it is expected to affect over 280 million people worldwide over the next 20 years.
WHAT JUST HAPPENED:
A new autologous stem cell approach, developed by MD Stem Cells, has now been shown to be very effective for patients with dry AMD. Using the patient’s own stem cells in a prescribed manner, MD Stem Cells treatment has demonstrated remarkable benefit for patients, with 63% of treated eyes showing significant improvement in vision and the remaining 34% of treated eyes showing stability. of sight. In total, a real benefit for 97% of dry eyes with AMD. The results were found to be statistically significant – the gold standard for confirming that these results are accurate and that this specific treatment is responsible for the reported benefit. The results were published in the Medicines Journal, a highly regarded international medical journal. The article is titled Stem Cell Ophthalmology Treatment Study (SCOTS): Bone Marrow Derived Stem Cells in the Treatment of Age-Related Macular Degeneration
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT:
What makes the MD Stem Cells treatment particularly important is that no drug has been found before to treat dry AMD. Taking a formulation of certain vitamins and minerals called AREDS2 can reduce the risk of bleeding or wet AMD, but only during the intermediate form of dry AMD. Unfortunately, AREDS2, vitamins, or diet have not been shown to improve or stabilize vision in patients. The MD Stem Cell SCOTS treatment is the first approach with proven vision benefits.
The key points from the MD Stem Cell report were that 63% of dry eyes with AMD treated and followed up for at least a year showed improvement in vision. Improvements in visual acuity averaged 27.6% and ranged up to 44.6% on a scientific vision scale called LogMAR. 34% of the additional eyes remained stable during the follow-up period, meaning no additional vision loss was seen in those eyes that had previously lost vision. The results were highly statistically significant with p
The Stem Cell Treatment Ophthalmology Study II – abbreviated as SCOTS2, uses the patient’s own bone marrow stem cells (BMSC) placed in two specific areas of the eye socket, followed intravenously. The study is approved by the Institutional Board and registered with the National Institutes of Health at www.clinicaltrials.gov NCT 03011541. All patients are receiving active stem cell therapy; there is no placebo or deception.
OTHER EYE DISEASES THAT CAN HELP:
The physicians involved with MD Stem Cells now have 14 world-class medical and scientific publications reporting their positive results in a number of retinal and optic nerve diseases. Their experiences encompass other additional eye conditions, many of which have shown improvement. These include other types of retinal diseases such as Stargardt, Retinitis Pigmentosa, Usher, Stargardts, Cone-Rod, Rod-Cone, Cone dystrophy, Bests dystrophy, non-perfusion retinopathy, retinal lesions, retinal inflammation such such as POHS or choroiditis, certain diabetic retinopathies and certain post retinal detachment vision loss. A number of optic nerve conditions also responded, including glaucoma, NAION, LHON, ADOA, optic nerve ischemia/neuropathy/optic neuritis/optic atrophy/and compression of the optic nerve. This is far more than any other stem cell research group working with eye disease and should reassure patients and healthcare providers looking for treatment options.
WHAT TO REMEMBER:
The statistics and confirmation of benefits apply only to MD Stem Cells’ specific approach to stem cell treatment of dry AMD.
Dr. Levy concludes: “Our research has shown that patients with dry AMD agreeing and choosing to participate in SCOTS2 have a significant likelihood of improving or stabilizing their vision. MD Stem Cells has worked to develop the safest and most effective approach for dry AMD, with gratifying success.
WONDERING HOW TO GET MORE INFORMATION :
Patients can best receive information about participating in SCOTS2 by emailing Dr. Levy at [email protected] with their name, cell phone, email address and a brief history of their disease. They can also use the Contact Us page at www.mdstemcells.com or reach him at 203-423-9494. Stem Cell Ophthalmology Study 2 is recruiting patients with different diseases of the retina and optic nerve.
Treatment is available in Florida, USA and Dubai, UAE.
MD Stem Cells does not receive any grants and is not a pharmaceutical company. these are patient-sponsored studies and patients pay for both treatment and travel.
MD stem cells
write to us here